Marketing Officer & Adult Education Co-ordinator
We are seeking a creative individual with a flair for marketing our different programmes. We offer you some significant responsibility and the opportunity to help us expand our profile across the community.
You will be working as part of a team to:
- Market activities across all types of media and
- Co-ordinate the adult education programme.
The salary will depend on your experience.
For further questions or to request an application pack, please contact Geoff Abrahams (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone LSJS.
Applications should be sent by noon on Monday 20th November 2017.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 23rd November 2017.
The London School of Jewish Studies Library
Home to over 70,000 volumes, the LSJS library has been described by the Jewish Yearbook as “one of the most extensive Judaica libraries in Europe.” The library is an important resource for LSJS faculty and students on our degree programmes in Jewish Studies and Jewish Education; it is also used by other students, rabbis, researchers, educators and the general public.
Vacancy: LSJS Volunteers (library)
We are currently recruiting volunteers to help out in the LSJS library. Ideal candidates will have a demonstrable love of books and of Jewish learning and be familiar with the ethos of LSJS. Full training will be provided, and volunteers will be entitled to attend LSJS adult education courses and events free of charge.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Duties will include but not be limited to:
* Enable readers to locate material in the LSJS library and other libraries using online catalogues
* Assist staff and students with access and navigation of electronic resources such as e-books, journals, and databases
* Support students using Wi-Fi, copiers, scanners and other IT room and student equipment
Key tasks will include:
* Meeting and greeting library users
* Helping users to find the resources they want
* Staffing the circulation desk
* Re-shelving books and keeping the library safe and tidy
* Undertaking selected library routines and procedures
Knowledge & Skills
* Computer literacy and knowledge of the relevant software packages, including MS Office applications
* An ability to work on one’s own with minimal supervision and a proven ability to use own initiative
* Reliable and able to work under pressure and independently
* Good customer service skills including a high level of interpersonal and telephone skills
* Familiarity with the ethos of LSJS
* Experience of working in a library
* Experience using and/or facilitating electronic resources for academic study
* Experience dealing with research and bibliographic enquiries; advising on copyright and referencing
* Knowledge of classical and/or modern Hebrew
Hours and Conditions
Minimum Commitment: one shift of approximately 2 hours per week
Hours: although there is some flexibility in the volunteer schedule, we are particularly looking for people who may be available at the following times:
Expenses: reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed.
Additional benefits: LSJS volunteers (library) are entitled to attend adult education courses and events at LSJS free of charge.
To apply or for more information please contact Racheli: email email@example.com or call 020 8203 6427.