Teaching is one of the most stimulating and rewarding careers. Every day you will make a huge difference to the life of a child, inspiring them and opening up new worlds of knowledge. A graduate teacher can earn £27,000 in their first year, and quickly progress to senior management.
Why Train at LSJS?
LSJS is an Outstanding provider of Teacher Training. We offer the chance to train as a Primary School Teacher, or a Primary Jewish Studies Teacher. LSJS has a 100% employment record * and you will be given the best start in your career. (* 2013/14)
We are based in Hendon and so no need to travel to central London.
We have close relationships with high performing schools to aid your training.
We (under the JTTP) have been training teachers for over 10 years. Many of our graduates are now in positions of senior leadership.
We will support you at every stage of your training and encourage your development post-qualification.
Click on the links bellow to find out about our 3 routes to qualification.
Train as a primary school teacher via our School Centered Initial Teacher Training programme (SCITT)
- Become a qualified primary school teacher in one year.
- Train in high-performing schools.
- Be taught by experts on our Hendon campus.
- Gain a PGCE as well as Qualified Teacher Status.
- Gain credits towards a Masters degree
- The opportunity to qualify as a Jewish Studies specialist.
- Become part of a graduate network including Headteachers, Jewish Studies Leaders & SENCOs.
- Additional bursaries are available for those wishing
to teach Jewish Studies
For the experienced graduate teacher already working in a school.
Train on the job via either the Primary or Secondary Jewish school led School Direct programmes.
To register your interest in one of our teacher training programmes, please download this form and return it, completed, to the LSJS office (FAO: Jane Clist) Registration of interest in Jewish Education degrees (3)